Approximately one quarter of the U.S. National Parks charge an entrance fee. Each year, the National Park Service designates certain days when the entrance fees are waived. Other park fees still typically apply during these days. Fee-free days sometimes also coincide with special programs at the parks and are a great way for families to enjoy our National Parks.
For 2013, the National Park Fee-Free Days are:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday Weekend - January 19-21, 2013
- National Park Week - April 22-26, 2013
- First Day of Summer - June 21, 2013
- National Public Lands Day - September 28, 2013
- Veterans Day Weekend - November 8-10, 2013
Be sure to take advantage of next year's Fee-Free Days and enjoy our some of our national treasures with your family.